I couldn't be more grateful to be Elliott's mom...that makes me the most blessed woman on Earth. Brian has been saying he couldn't wait to celebrate Mother's Day ever since about month 2 of puking my guts out. My husband has so much vision to bless and celebrate me. That, in and of itself, is such a gift...but then to add Elliott to the equation? Over abundantly blessed am I.
We had a relaxed morning together at home as a family and then headed up to Alki Beach (one of our favorite Seattle spots). We cozied up in Starbucks. I enjoyed a delicious caramel macchiato, Brian guzzled down a vente ice water, and Elliott took a nice long nap. Brian had made reservations weeks ahead of time for brunch at my favorite restaurant, Salty's on Alki. PEOPLE--if you have not been to Salty's on Alki for brunch, I would dare to say you have not truly lived. It is INCREDIBLE. For just a few bucks, you have access to all you can eat of the food from the Land of Glory. Here's a list of what I ate that morning:
2 1/2 mini donuts
5 Crab legs
Several shrimp
Pineapple
Eggs benedict
A few bites of an omelette with crab & shrimp
French toast with whipped butter & syrup
Strawberry crepe with cream & sugar
Omelette with ham, peppers & cheese
Chocolate chip crepe with lemon cream & sugar
More pineapple
Strawberries
Chocolate covered frozen banana
Chocolate covered twinkie
Burnt cream
2 pineapple orange juices
I thought I was going to explode, but it was worth every bulging moment.
Alki Beach overlooks Elliott Bay & the Seattle skyline, and it was our sweet Elliott's first time visiting the bay that shares his name. Here are a couple of pics in front of his namesake.
And these are a few more of my favorites from the day he was "Bananas over Mommy"...
Oh, how I love him!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment